Ads Top

ads

This Mother-Daughter Duo Will Be Running Their 10th Shape Run Together!

They say they hate running, yet Tan Nin Ne and her mother Koh Guat Lan will be taking part in their tenth Shape Run on July 24 this year. Find out what motivates them to keep running. By Zarelda Marie Goh

This Mother-Daughter Duo Will Be Running Their 10th Shape Run Together!

Photo: Tan Nin Ne

They say that a family that works out together stays together. This certainly rings true in the case of Tan Nin Ne, 40, a web designer, and her mother Koh Guat Lan, 60, homemaker.

Both women run to keep healthy, and – get this – they’ve been taking part in the Shape Run together for 10 years now. This year’s race, Shape Run 2016 on July 24, will be their tenth run, and they have signed up for the 5km category as it’s the ideal distance for the mother-daughter duo.

Nin Nee shares that 2011 was the only year that she didn’t take part in the Shape Run. “I didn’t run as I was pregnant. But I still went down to cheer my mum on,” she says.

We chat with Nin Nee about their training regimen, running goals and why they take part in the Shape Run.

Why do you join Shape Run every year with your mum?

“It is our yearly bonding ritual. And I guess it’s a way for me to train and keep fit as well. After the Shape Run, either my younger brother or my husband will pick us up with my boys. Then, we’ll have dim sum together.”

(Also Read: Pretty Running Shoes That Help You Run Faster)

What other activities do you and your mum do together?

“We go shopping or visit places of interests. But the Shape Run is what I’d call a bonding session we love and hate at the same time. We hate running, to be honest. But we are still motivate to run for the sake of each other's health. Running helps my mum manage her cholesterol. My mum couldn't even complete 1km before the first Shape Run. But now she runs faster than me!”

What’s your training like for the Shape Run?

“My mum trains regularly every weekend, while I train once or twice a week on weekday nights after work while she look after my boys.” What are your goals for this year's Shape Run? “I just wanna complete that run, probably in about 40 minutes. My mum will likely finish the 5km race in 33 minutes.”

(Also Read: Train for the 15km Shape Run in 6 Weeks!)

What other healthy lifestyle habits do you have?

“My mum eats plain oats in the morning. She likes her coffee black so I bought her a Nespresso machine to get her coffee fix. I prepare my own bento boxes for lunch and fill them with healthy food that’s low in sodium. I avoid deep fried and processed food.”

(Also Read: Six Good Reasons To Sign Up For Shape Run 2016)



Via: Đồ thờ gỗ mít , sập thờ gỗ mít , tủ thờ gỗ mít
This Mother-Daughter Duo Will Be Running Their 10th Shape Run Together! This Mother-Daughter Duo Will Be Running Their 10th Shape Run Together! Reviewed by Lucille on 2:34:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.